Saturday, August 19, 2006

 

Firefox market share keeps growing

Firefox, the famous open source web browser, continues to gain popularity - and users.

The percentage of users using it inched upward this summer.

mozilla links - Firefox market share keeps growing:
mbers reflect an overall growth for Firefox compared to May numbers: in Europe, market share increased


I was at a party last night and I was surprised at the number of my relatives that use it now. I think I was the first in my family to use it.

I heard about it from a friend of mine, who is even more aggressive than me in keeping up with the latest computing technology. (People that know me are noticing their jaws have dropped all of a sudden now.)

LOL, lots of people are.

Fortunately for all of us, Firefox continues to grow in popularity and that helps insure its continued viability.

After all, when users stop using a product, its team tends to stop updating it. When a team stops updating it, it rapidly becomes less interesting than other programs in the same functional area. That causes more people to abandon it, and thus a vicious cycle is formed.

Firefox is in a rather pleasant cycle.
Technorati tags: , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Hopefully, someday I will get this page to validate!